Custom Search

08 July, 2010

First Entry--Why I'm leaving for Latin America

To the reader:

Somewhat frustrated with my first experience with medical school admissions, and feeling far to alive and both spiritually and mentally underprepared for such a career undertaking, I have decided to move to Latin America.  This move is not permanent, meticulously planned, or a solution to my dilemmas and problems here in the United States.  I just found that the combination of past adventures in South and Central America, an affinity for Spanish, the lack of dependents and commitments in the US, and a few too many Marquez books on my shelf put me in the perfect disposition to consider a foray of a year or more to the exotic and colorful countries along the Pan-Am Highway.

My intention in this blog is to create an informal guide to researching Latin America, planning a cost-neutral trip to a Spanish-speaking country in the Americas, and an account of my experiences.  My hope is that other precocious, grown, children-of-prosperity will be able to use my experiences to take similar journeys.

I aim to have a meaningful, service-filled, culturally-rich experience, ideally without ending up broke.

I’ll keep you posted.

Z

No comments:

Post a Comment